Dr. Iain Russell
Practicing in: To be updated
#6 of 135 Orthopedic Surgeons in Calgary, AlbertaLanguages:
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Iain Russell is Royal College Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, with special interest in foot and ankle, at our Calgary Surgical Centre. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor and Finance Director within the Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Calgary. He is also the Medical Director of Lifemark Sports Medicine Centre, and Co-Director of Calgary Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Clinic.He received his Medical Doctorate (MD) in 1991 and completed his rotating internship from Grey Nuns Hospital from the University of Calgary, where he completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency in 1997. He also holds a Fellowship in Orthopedic Trauma from the University of Vienna and Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Reconstructive Surgery from the University of Washington.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Clinical Assistant Professor within the Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Calgary (Since 2007)
- Finance Director within the Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Calgary
- Chief, Division of Foot and Ankle Surgery at Peter Lougheed Site Calgary General Hospital (Since 2004
- Medical Director of Lifemark Sports Medicine Centre
- Co-Director of Calgary Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Clinic
- Founding Member of Alberta Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Past President of Alberta Orthopaedic Society
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher
- Journal of Shoulder and Elbow: Patients Undergoing Stabilization Surgery For Recurrent, Traumatic Anterior Shoulder Instability Commonly Have Restricted Passive External Rotation – 2007
- McCaig Institute: Improving Patient Care and the Health Care System – n.d.
Reviews updated via RateMDs on 26/02/2016. Average review is based on 75 reviews.
Submitted July 7, 2016
Submitted July 5, 2016
Submitted April 23, 2016
Had my surgery in November 2014 very straight forward doesn’t sugar coat anything which is great being a elite level athlete i just wanted it to be done. Got the hardware out in march and foots felt great. Great surgeon. Makes sure all questions were answered and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.